"Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God"
I always seem to oversleep on Mondays....Possibly it's because I stay up so late on Sunday night - I guess I'm just trying to stretch out the weekend a little more.....Then it's really "rush and scramble" as we try to get out the door for school/work......One good thing about this morning was that I made a fabulous smoothie to start off the day....The recipe is as follows:
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1 cup almond milk
1 cup ice cubes (about 5)
1 scoop whey protein (comes in vanilla or chocolate -
I use chocolate - yummy!!
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1 cup frozen berries (Wymans frozen berries are great...)
1 handful of spinach (I use Trader Joe's organic frozen
. spinach chopped)
Mix it all together in your blender and you have one yummy breakfast treat!!!! It's very filling.....
I'm really enjoying the clean eating way of life....Not only have I lost about ten pounds, but I really do feel so much better eating all "clean" food.....I never thought I'd be able to give up sweets and those comfort foods just filled with preservatives, but it has become really easy.....I actually have no desire for any of the things I once thought I could never live without.... Tomorrow I'll tell you where to find a great recipe for muffins.....
Last Wednesday morning when I looked out my kitchen window, this is what I saw.....It was the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen!!!!! I called my son (Dan) to come and see!!! It was magnificant!!!!!!
The funny thing is - the next day I was in the bank and the teller was asking me if I had seen the wonderful sunrise the day before...She said "I even called my son to come and see it!!!!!" The glory of it only lasted a few minutes and then it slowly faded away.....Amazing!!!!!
Have a wonderful night - we'll talk again tomorrow....
"To the world you may be only one person, but to one person you
may be the world".......
No comments:
Post a Comment