Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Tuesday

        "Good morning!!  This is God!!  I will be handling all your problems today.
                     I will not be needing your help....So, have a great day!!!!!
 
   I first saw this quote on a card from Joyce Meyer Ministries and have always loved it - it rings so true for me.....How many times do we give our burdens to God and then quickly pick them up and start doing the "worry thing" once again????  We have to know that God in His infinite wisdom knows what is best for us and will bring it to fruition in "his own time"....Give everything to the Lord - he has really big shoulders and can carry all those problems for us.....

   This morning as I was out walking "Miss Elliekins", our mini schnauzer puppy, I was trying to practice being very still to "hear the whisper of God"....Usually I keep telling Ellie to "go potty" or "hurry up" or "I'm going in - you've had long enough"....Today, though, I stood still and listened....The sounds of early morning were amazing - A woodpecker was rat-a-tat-tatting on a tree way above us, the birds were chatting back and forth with each other and my wind chimes were singing in the slight breeze going through the trees...  Amazing sounds that I am usually not aware of because of my constant "hurry ups" to Ellie and thoughts of all that has to be done in the house before we leave for the day.....  Sometimes I think we just have to be more aware of our surroundings and fall in love with nature.....

   It just feels so good to finally have sunny days and warm weather - somehow I just feel so much better when I can open the doors and windows and sit on the deck with a good book and a soothing cup of herbal tea.....Did you hear me jumping for joy this morning when I finally took the plastic off the windows???  A sure sign of spring!!!!!  Last night Dan and I actually ate dinner on the deck - what a thrill!!!!

    Recently, I came across a very interesting website...."A Complaint Free World"....It's a really effective campaign to get us to stop complaining, criticizing, or gossiping....Their way of doing it is by wearing a purple bracelet which has "A Complaint Free World" engraved on it....You start out by putting it on one of your wrists and every time you complain, criticize, or gossip you must change it to the other wrist...The ultimate goal is to go 21 days with the bracelet remaining on one wrist....This journey will transform your life and you will be more positive, hopeful and optimistic.... 
  
      It's a wonderful idea, but hard to do....I have been using it for several days now and have been unable to go a whole day without moving it to the other wrist!!!!!  It really works though because I have become much more aware of what I am saying.....I'll let you know when I have gone a whole day without switching it and then maybe a week and then 21 days!!!!!!  Just think what a loving person I will be then!!!!!!  I'll keep you posted.......

      Oops, I almost forgot to tell you about the "clean" muffin recipe I have discovered....It's in "The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged book by Tosca Reno.....At first it seems like a lot of ingredients - maybe some you haven't purchased before - but once you have them, you can make the muffins several times.....So much of this is new to me....I had never used raw bran(one of the ingredients) before, but I did have the flaxseed, wheat germ, agave nectar and almond milk...A few months ago, they wouldn't have been found in my cupboards, but now they are "regulars" there....I added strawberries, which made them more moist and the next time I make them I think I'll add walnuts too.....You'll find the recipe on page 294 of the book.....
The next think I want to try is making brownies that have black beans in them.....They say they are delicious, so I'll let you know......

     Until tomorrow......

                "I have so much to do that I spend several hours in prayer before I am
                      able to do it."    (John Wesley)

No comments:

Post a Comment